I’m Aubree. I’m so excited to have you at my blog. This is my creative space, where I share all of my favorite things with all of you: crafting, homemaking, traveling, and family life.
The important things you need to know about me
- I’m newly-ish married to an amazing, patient, supportive husband. I couldn’t have asked for a better best friend. Jared and I met on Tinder, got engaged in Paris, France, and were married in September 2017. We bought House #1 and are learning what a transition home-ownership (and marriage) is. It’s the best–we wouldn’t have it any other way. ♡
- We have an adorable morkie puppy named Chip. It’s my secret goal to make him insta-famous.
- I have a never-ending to-do list of craft projects. I’m really great at starting projects (the buying-fabric stage is my favorite), but I need a little motivation to actually finish projects. Maybe (and hopefully) this blog will whip me into shape!
- I’m a bit OCD (my husband: “a bit?”). Okay, a lot OCD. I like things done my way, and I tend to be a bit of a clean freak at times. And then other times, I’m not. (Like when I have a million craft projects going on at the same time and my craft room is in some state of nuclear fallout.) I suppose it’s a balancing act. 😉
- I have a bachelors degree in biology. Say whaaat? (…but why?)
- I’ve traveled to 9 countries and counting (I’m being optimistic). In order: South Korea, The Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, France, Italy, Spain, and England. (I’ve also been to North Korea via the DMZ and Vatican City, which is technically its own country.) I have so many favorites: solo traveling, snorkeling with amazing sea life, paying only 50 baht for fresh som tam, La Sagrada Familia, the catacombs (oh, and being proposed to in front of the Eiffel Tower), Stonehenge, pastries, gelato…it’s a long list, and I’m itching to add to it.
- I have an extensive Bucket List, and I continually add new items. You can view my progress here.
- I love a good BBC/”bonnet” series. My favorites are North & South, Cranford, Jane Eyre (there are several), Mansfield Park (there are several), and Pride & Prejudice. My go-to watching buddy was my younger sister, but now that we don’t live together, I’ve had to adapt. Sadly, the only way to get my husband to watch these with me is to bring my iPad into bed when he’s about to go to sleep. And then there’s no escape (I’m a good wife).
- I’m a night-owl. I also love my sleep and need about twice as many hours as my husband gets on average.
- I play piano and am learning the organ (out of necessity, due to being asked to play for my church congregation). It’s slightly terrifying.
Now that’s out of the way, you can:
Go back home to check out my most recent posts.
Thanks for stopping by!