All the blue gift basket ideas to make an “out of the blue” or “blue-tiful birthday” gift! Plus, free printable blue-themed gift tags!
Color-themed gift baskets are becoming some of my new favorite (and easy!) gifts to create. I’m just working my way through the rainbow to give you all the ideas, as well as printable tags to go with!
All you have to do for this DIY gift is scan your grocery store or Walmart for items that are blue! There are tons of options (food/candy/drinks or other) to customize this for a friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, ministering sister, or neighbor. Check out the ultimate list of blue ideas below!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Check out more color-themed gift ideas:
Blue items to include in a blue-themed gift: the ultimate list!
Blue candy ideas
- Crunch bar
- Almond Joy
- Baby Ruth
- Lindt chocolate bar
- Lindt Lindor dark chocolate truffles
- Blue raspberry Airheads
- Tropical Skittles
- Pretzel M&Ms
- Crunchy Cookie M&Ms
- Mini M&Ms
- Twix Cookies & Creme
- Berry Blast Mike and Ike
- Rips sour licorice
- Jolly Rancher
- Ring Pop
- Blue raspberry Sour Punch Bites
- Blue raspberry Sour Patch Kids
- Nerds gummy clusters
- Smart Sweets sweet fish
- Blue raspberry Fruities or saltwater taffy (I can usually find these in the bulk section of my grocery store)
- Blue raspberry Laffy Taffy
- Vanilla Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Cookies ‘n’ creme Hershey’s Kisses
- Intense Mint or Frosty Mint Tic Tacs
- Ice Breakers Ice Cubes peppermint
- Peppermint gum (almost any brand is blue)
Blue food ideas
- Chex Mix
- White cheddar PopCorners
- Pretzel Crisps
- Ruffles chips
- Doritos Cool Ranch chips
- Lay’s salt & vinegar chips
- Lay’s lightly salted chips
- Pirate’s Booty
- Ranch Bugles
- Oreo cookies (lots of flavors have the blue packaging)
- Chips Ahoy!
- Thinsters Toasted Coconut CookieThins
- Teddy Grahams
- Flipz chocolate pretzels
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Mott’s or Welch’s fruit snacks
- Frosted Flakes
- Blueberry Cheerios
- Frosted Cheerios
- Rice Krispies
- Rice Chex
- Cookie Crisp
- Cap’n Crunch Oops! All Berries
- Act II popcorn
- Planters peanuts
- Blue raspberry Jell-o
- Kraft macaroni & cheese
- Pasta Roni
Blue drinks and drink mixes
(if I don’t specify a flavor, it’s because there are multiple blue options)
- Gatorade or Powerade
- Hawaiian Punch
- Berry Blue Kool-Aid Bursts
- Jones Berry Lemonade soda
- Dr. Pepper Dark Berry
- Mountain Dew
- Dasani water
Blue non-food ideas
- Eos lip balm
- Nivea chapstick, lotion
- Neutrogena makeup remover
- Hand soap
- Soaps, lotions, etc. from Bath and Body Works
- Hair accessories, hair brush
- Nail polish, nail polish remover, pedicure kit
- Face masks
- Kleenex travel pack
- Sunglasses (it was summer when I shopped for this gift, so I found star-shaped sunglasses in the 4th of July section at Target)
- Notebook, pens
- Post-it notes
- Tumbler, mug, water bottle
- Gift cards: try Best Buy, Sam’s Club, Walmart, etc. for blue gift cards
Blue container & basket ideas
I had the hardest time finding blue containers this time around! Maybe it’s just the time of year I was looking but blue was not a popular color!
I first purchased the larger blue basket from Dollar Tree but it was a little large (they had other styles as well but all of them are larger—but these would be great if you’re making a large gift! Then I found the small blue soup mug from Target which was kind of a funky shade of blue but, hey, it worked.
Usually Hobby Lobby has fun containers in their Spring shop but no blue this year, sadly. You can usually find clear Sterilite containers with blue latches from Walmart, which could be great for a college care package. And here are a couple ideas on Amazon:
- How cute would this mug be for a camping-themed blue gift basket?! Or anyone really. Plus, it’s cheap! (you might only be able to stick a few candy bars in it, but that might be perfect!)
- If you’re doing multiple small blue gifts, these treat bags would be fun. Fill them with something like the cookies ‘n’ creme Hershey’s Kisses!
If you’re making a care package for a college student or a housewarming gift, consider containers that would also be useful later on, like a storage basket or even a trash can. Of course, you can also save money and simply decorate a shipping box with blue paper or paint.
Blue decor ideas
- Blue flowers (faux or real)
- Paper or felt pinwheels (attach to a straw or wood dowel, or tape/tie to the container)
- Blue tissue paper for filler
- Blue cellophane or wrapping paper
- A gift tag–like the free printables below!
FREE printable “out of the blue” thinking of you gift tag
This free printable tag is perfect for just about anyone (because who doesn’t like knowing you’re thinking about them?!). It says “just a little something out of the blue to let you know I’m thinking of you!”. It’s a circle and measures just about 3 inches wide, which is a great size for most gifts.
FREE printable “blue-tiful birthday” gift tag
This gift tag is a play on the word “beautiful” (in case you didn’t catch that 😜). It says “hope you have a blue-tiful birthday!”. It measures about 3 inches again, also in a circle shape, but I also included a square option in case you prefer that.
Tips for printing
Print at 100% scale. Colors may vary, but for best results, set your printer settings to the correct paper you’re using (on my computer, I go to “Quality and Media” and “Media Type”). Feel free to contact me or leave a comment below if you have any issues!
Each tag will print on its own page. If you want to print multiple tags on a single page for multiple gifts (this was requested on my yellow sunshine gift post), leave a comment below and I can create an inexpensive listing in my Etsy shop for you to download!
DIY Blue Themed Gift Basket Ideas
I hope you liked these blue themed gift basket ideas and printables! Now go make an easy, thoughtful gift for someone! Enjoy!